Terms & Conditions
Bookings and cancellations
- The majority of our cookery lesson bookings can be made on this website up to 24 hours before the time of the lesson. If you wish to book a lesson on less than 24 hours' notice, please call the cookery school direct to check availability.
- If you need to cancel a lesson booking you will need to email email@example.com or click the link at the bottom of your booking confirmation email. You must do this at least 7 days before your lesson to cancel. Both methods of cancellation must be made at least 7 days before your lesson. We are sorry that we cannot refund or rebook any cancellations made online or in person after this time.
- Lateness: please arrive 10 minutes before the scheduled start time of the class. We cannot accommodate arrivals after the scheduled start time, even if you call ahead. The teacher may not be able to repeat the health and safety information explained at the beginning of the lesson. The teacher may not be able to provide a second demonstration for what you have missed without having an impact on other learners. We cannot refund or rebook any late arrivals.
By booking, you agree that:
- You will follow all of our hygiene and safety procedures. We recommend that you wear practical clothing, including shoes that cover your toes, a minimal amount of jewellery and hair tied back where necessary.
- You will arrive 10 minutes ahead of the scheduled start time of your lesson.
- You will not attend if you have been ill or become ill in the 48 hours before your session with any diseases e.g. colds and flu; diarrhoea, vomiting; and other infections. This is to protect all our customers as these sorts of illnesses can be spread through food.
- You may be refused admission if we suspect that you are under the influence of alcohol or any other substance, are ill with a communicable disease or that you are engaging in inappropriate behaviour.
- You will consume any alcohol offered responsibly.
- Following your lesson, you will follow all our instructions for the preparation/cooking of the meals, transportation, storage, heating and consumption.
- You may be photographed and/or filmed during your lesson and Jamie Oliver Limited and their group companies may use your name and any photographs and/or recordings featuring you, and may cut, edit and adapt the same as necessary, for use in cookery schools, restaurants and on The Jamie Oliver Cookery School website, for promotional uses, by means of any and all media, worldwide and in perpetuity.
- You release us from all claims, damages and causes of action or liabilities which may arise as a result of your preparation, storage and consumption of food taken home from your lessons, except if solely due to our negligence;
- Without exception, you will indemnify and hold us and our employees harmless from all responsibility for any loss of personal property whilst at the store, or for any injuries or damages you sustain or, or that anyone affiliated with or connected with you in any way may sustain, in connection with or resulting directly or indirectly from your preparation of the our food, save where such injuries or damages arise as a result of our negligence; and
- Our liability to you shall not exceed the total price charged for any sessions/classes booked. Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes our liability to you for personal injury or death caused by our negligence.
- Only children aged 8 years old and above may attend ‘Kids' specific lessons. They must be able to reach and work unassisted (without the use of a stool, prop or and other object to raise the child) at the height of a standard kitchen surface (900mm) to participate. In order to avoid disappointment please check the height of your child and those attending a party that you have organised that all children meet this criteria. They must also be supervised by an adult at all times. There MUST be 1 adult per 2 children. The adult must supervise the children throughout and assist the child during the cookery lesson if required. All children aged 15 years and over are able to attend an adult lesson but must be supervised by an adult at all times. Alcohol will only be served to those who are 18 and over. Proof of age will be required for all that attend our adult lessons.
Ingredients may have been manufactured on shared equipment with wheat, dairy, eggs, nuts, fish, soya and shellfish and other allergens. Please highlight upon booking and call the store for help with any food allergies. You agree to take into account the dietary restrictions of anyone who may consume the meal you have prepared on your lesson by leaving out any foods that may cause harm to the people who will be eating the food you prepare.
Q: How do I use a promotion code or gift voucher?
If you have received a promotional code or gift voucher from The Jamie Oliver Cookery School, it may be applied to the purchase of a cooking lesson through The Jamie Oliver Cookery School website on the shopping basket page where you see a box titled ‘Code'. Enter your promotional code or gift voucher code. The relevant amount will then be deducted from your total.
You will receive a booking confirmation email for your lesson or purchase of a e-voucher. Please keep it in a safe place as we may ask you for information from it in any correspondence. If you do not receive this email within two hours, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may confirm whether your booking or order has been placed successfully. Please note that this email does not constitute either a confirmation of the booking or order by us. Your contract with us to purchase the booking will not be completed until we have sent you a confirmation email notifying you that your booking has been successfully placed.
Q: My credit card number is not being accepted
Check that you have entered your number without any spaces and check that you haven't mistyped any of your other card details. If you are still experiencing difficulty, please email us at email@example.com.
Gift Voucher Redemption Terms and Conditions
- Gift cards are available for purchase in The Jamie Oliver Cookery School restaurants and gift e-vouchers are available to order online via www.jamieolivercookeryschool.com/giftvouchers
- If you have any queries regarding your voucher balance or expiry date please call our voucher helpline 0203 435 9900. Helpline opening hours are Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm.
- When purchasing a gift voucher, you will receive confirmation of placing the order.
- The gift voucher will be delivered to the receiver via email within twenty-four hours of placing the order. If you do not receive the confirmation email or gift voucher within this time, please check your spam folder or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The gift voucher will expire 12 months from the date of purchase. Please ensure you keep your receipt as proof of purchase in case of any queries.
- The gift voucher is only valid for The Jamie Oliver Cookery School.
- The gift voucher may not be exchanged for cash and no cash change will be provided. If the lesson purchased totals less than the value of the gift voucher amount, any balance will remain on the gift voucher and will be redeemable against future bookings and beverages consumed at The Jamie Oliver Cookery School. Change in the form of currency or credit or debit cards cannot be provided.
- The Jamie Oliver Cookery School cannot accept responsibility for lost gift vouchers or e-voucher codes.
- When redeeming the gift voucher enter the gift voucher code into the website within the required section at checkout.
- The Jamie Oliver Cookery School gift vouchers are issued by Jamie's Italian Ltd.
- The gift card or e-voucher is valid for use when booking The Jamie Oliver Cookery School lessons from Jamie’s Italian Limited and may not be used against the purchase of food, drink and Jamie’s Italian merchandise. Information on Jamie’s Italian vouchers can be found here
The Jamie Oliver Cookery School Group Booking Terms and Conditions
In addition to all terms and conditions above, the following terms and conditions apply to group bookings at The Jamie Oliver Cookery School.
- A minimum charge/number of participants applies to all group bookings. So, if your group number falls below the minimum group size, you may still be charged for the minimum number of participants applicable.
- Payment in full is required at the time of booking to reserve or hold your booking. Payment may be made via credit or debit card, cash or by invoice.
Alterations to your booking:
If you reduce the number of participants, subject to the minimum group charge set out above, our refund policy is as follows:
- If you give us more than 14 days’ notice prior to the date of the cookery lesson booking, we will refund 100% of the payment in respect to the participants that are no longer attending;
- If you give us less than 14 days’ notice, but more than 72 hours’ notice to the booking time, we will refund 50% of your payment in respect of the participants that are no longer attending;
- If you give us less than 72 hours’ notice we are unfortunately unable to offer any refunds.
Final numbers for your session must be confirmed no later than 1 week prior to the start time of the cookery session in order to give us enough time to pre-order the necessary ingredients and staff. If you would like to increase the number of participants after this time, please call us to discuss and we will do the best to accommodate you.
Full cancellation: In the event that you cancel your booking in full, our refund policy is as follows:
- If you give us more than 14 days’ notice prior to the booking date, we will refund 100% of your payment
- If you give us less than 14 days’ notice but more than 72 hours’ notice prior to the booking time, we will refund you 50% of your payment
- If you give us less than 72 hours’ notice we are unable to offer any refunds
- We reserve the right, at our absolute discretion, to remove any participant whose behaviour is disruptive or inappropriate or that we suspect is uncontrollable under the influence of alcohol or any other substance. You, as the booking organizer shall be held responsible for any loss of, or damage to our property caused by group participants.
- The Jamie Oliver Cookery School Group Bookings are subject to the terms and conditions for Bookings above.
- In the event of the any inconsistency between the Group Booking Terms and the General Booking Terms, the Group Booking terms shall apply.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
- Please note, for Kids Group Bookings, there must be 1 adult per 2 children, and each adult must stay to supervise for the duration of the group booking.
- We recommend each participant attends the cookery session wearing enclosed shoes and practical clothing.
£1 Donation to Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
You may donate £1 to the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation, registered charity number 1094536, whilst making a booking. This donation is non-refundable and 100% of the donation will go to the charity.
Promotions and offers
All offers and promotions are subject to availability and The Jamie Oliver Cookery School reserves the right to cancel offers or promotions at any time.
Snap and Share – social media competition
By entering the Competition you are bound by these terms. Competition open to UK residents only of 18 years or older and excludes any employees of the Jamie Oliver Restaurant Group. All entries must be submitted via the Jamie Oliver Cookery School Facebook, Twitter or Instagram page and must include a tag into relevant Jamie Oliver Cookery School handle. The competition will begin on the 1st of November 2016 and will be ongoing with one winner per month. Entries will close at 23:59 on the last day of each month and Jamie and his social media team will pick a favourite photo from all eligible entries, at their sole discretion, whose decision shall be final. The winner will be contacted via the social media platform they entered on within 24 hours of competition closing. If the winner doesn’t respond within 3 days, Jamie Oliver Cookery School shall be entitled to select another winner. Competition will reopen on the first day of the following month. Winners will receive a £50 voucher to spend on any Jamie Oliver Cookery School lesson with tickets available. Prize does not include any travel or additional costs that may be accrued. Advanced booking is required and is subject to availability. The prize has no cash value and it cannot be sold, transferred, exchanged for cash or combined with any other offer, promotion or discount. No purchase necessary. The Jamie Oliver Cookery School reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of The Jamie Oliver Cookery School in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. Nothing in these Rules shall exclude The Jamie Oliver Cookery School liability for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence. Save as set out above, The Jamie Oliver Cookery School accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. The Jamie Oliver Cookery School further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition. The Competition and the Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and the Courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Offer entitles customer to £10 off their online basket total when booking any 2017 lesson for two or more people. Over valid for bookings made up until 23:59 Thursday 31st August 2017 only. Customer must enter the relevant promotional code to their online basket in order to redeem offer. Offer must be applied at time of booking and can not be added retrospectively. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer. All bookings are subject to availability. The Jamie Oliver Cookery School reserves the right to amend or withdraw this offer at any time.
£10 OFF (London Food Month)
Offer entitles customer to £10 off their online basket total when booking any 2017 lesson for two or more people. Over valid for bookings made before 1st July 2017 only. Customer must enter the relevant promotional code to their online basket in order to redeem offer. Offer must be applied at time of booking and can not be added retrospectively. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer. All bookings are subject to availability. The Jamie Oliver Cookery School reserves the right to amend or withdraw this offer at any time.
ANTIPASTI OFFER MAY
This offer is only available from Monday–Friday on lessons that start from 6pm onwards, throughout May only. Guests must arrive at least 30 minutes prior to their lesson in order to receive this offer. The offer cannot be redeemed during or after the lesson. The offer cannot be used for another date or time. There is no cash alternative and cannot to be used in conjunction with any other offer.